When:Monday June 20, 2011
Where:Bryant Park lawn
6th Avenue at 41st Street
We are excited to announce the first HBO Bryant Park Summer Film at Bryant Park will be One Flew Over The Cuckoo’s Nest. The lawn opens at 5:00pm for blankets and picnicking. The films begin at sunset (typically between 8pm and 9pm).
- The Lawn
Presented by Bank of America
Jack Nicholson leads a character-filled revolt against the evil Nurse Ratched (Louise Fletcher) at a mental facility. Directed with a sly smile by Milos Forman and based on the Ken Kesey novel, it is only the second film to win the top five Oscars. (1975) 133 min (Saul Zaentz Co.).
Film Festival Hotline: 212-512-5700
No chairs, tables, dogs, plastic sheets, tarps, bags, or pads are permitted on the lawn.
Free bike parking available in the park at the Pétanque Courts (6th Avenue and 41st Street).
HBO Bryant Park Summer Film Festival Lawn Area Access
For the protection of all Film Festival attendees, all bags, briefcases, backpacks, etc. will be inspected before entering the Lawn Area (the Lawn and surrounding gravel area).
The gravel area surrounding the Lawn opens at 4:00pm. The Lawn opens at 5:00pm.*
- Entry to the Lawn Area is only permitted at the 6th Avenue side of the park (near the screen).
- Wheelchair access to the Lawn Area is accessible through the ramps at the eastern end of the Lawn. (Ramps are on both the 40th and 42nd Street Allees).
- All packages, bags, briefcases, backpacks, etc. will be inspected.
- There are two entry points on either side of the Fountain (north and south side).
- Should you leave the Lawn Area, all packages, bags, etc. will be inspected again upon re-entry.
The checkpoints are necessary to safeguard all those in attendance at the HBO Bryant Park Summer Film Festival.
Enjoy the film!
* Announcements will be made in the park if there are any changes to the information above.