The Tribeca Family Festival, presented by Founding Sponsor American Express, will feature their Annual Street Fair on Saturday, April 30th from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Greenwich Street from Chambers Street to Hubert Street, and at venues throughout the Tribeca neighborhood. The fair, a Festival favorite which drew more than 250,000 people last year, is free and open to the public, and promises to be a day of family fun and lively entertainment.
Throughout the Street Fair will be talented performers, dancers, stilt walkers, Broadway performances, arts and crafts, face painters, and much more. Students from local schools will also be at the fair with creative fundraising activities and vibrant student artwork. The Street Fair will host restaurants, merchants and organizations from the Tribeca neighborhood. More details and a map of events will be available in the coming weeks at www.tribecafilm.com.
Street Fair highlights include:
* Cast members from Million Dollar Quartet, Wicked, John Tartaglia’s ImaginOcean, Broadway’s “Next Hit Musical,” Broadway Kids Care and other Broadway and Off-Broadway shows are scheduled to take center stage at the outdoor Festival Mainstage.
* The New York Philharmonic’s Credit Suisse Very Young Composers’ will present original works created by young musicians and brought to life by a chamber ensemble from the esteemed orchestra.
* Families will enjoy the popular Kite Garden, where kids can make their own kites and learn to fly them, while youngsters can create gigantic bubbles in the Bubble Garden.
* Additional featured talent includes Max Darwin, Magician Extraordinaire; Ronnie Asbell’s Puppetronics, a hands-on traveling exhibition of life-sized marionettes; Rock-A-Baby music workshops; and more.
* An encore screening of this year’s “Downtown Youth Behind the Camera” program featuring short films made by student filmmakers from downtown Manhattan will be presented at BMCC’s Tribeca Performing Arts Center Theater, along with a special feature screening.
* The Tribeca Fun Squad will lead Hula Hoop Contests, Dance-Offs and other Wacky Street Games.
* Popular family-friendly bands will offer free concerts to close the day, including The Fuzzy Lemons and Hot Peas N’ Butter.